Thursday, June 06, 2019

KSA Spotlight: Piper Greekas

1. How did you come to work for the KSA?
On Valentine's Day 2017, I started at the GrassRoots cafe as a barista. I was there for 14 months before graduating and moving up to Active KSA Coordinator position where I took students out on outdoor events on weekends. 

2. What is your position, and can you provide a brief summary of what you do?
I am now the Student Services Manager. I make sure all services and events run smoothly and students get all the right information about our programs, services, and all the free swag they can get before they graduate. I make connections between staff where they might not be found previously and hire new people to the KSA team.


3. What is your favourite thing about working here?
I like all the friendships in the office. We work hard together and play hard, we often play pranks on each other.

4. Best activity to do on the weekend?
While I was a part of the Active KSA team, my favourite activities were kayaking, canoeing, anything to do with boating. Now I still like to do those things, but since I no longer work weekends I’ve started to get into cooking more. Plus, hanging out with my friends and family, playing board games, BBQs, and other fun things are always great.


5. What is something that makes you unique?
I’ve been told my compassion and leadership skills make me stand out. They help me make strong connections with my friends and coworkers. 

6. What is something most people don’t know about you?
I can wiggle my ears.


7. What is your favourite food?
If I had to pick, it would be a good steak with roasted potatoes and veggies.

8. What is one of your best memories at the KSA?
One time, I went to do a liquor run for the cafe with Adam Rhode, the cafe manager. The liquor store had a promotion where they were giving out free sunglasses to customers. We grabbed a couple pairs of these hilarious rainbow shaded sunglasses when we left the store and we made sure to wear them as we walked back into the cafe with the order. I’ve never seen the whole cafe staff laugh so hard.


- Piper (Student Services Manager)

No comments:

Post a Comment